Churnet Valley Masterplan consultation and meetings
Staffordshire Moorlands District Council are planning to hold a series of meetings relating to the Churnet Valley Masterplan. We encourage anyone with an interest to attend one of the drop-in sessions and/or to respond to the consultation documents which are to be published on the SMDC website on 16th January 2012.
The drop-in sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday 17 January - Ipstones Memorial Hall, Church Lane, Ipstones
- Thursday 19 January - Cheddleton Community Centre, Hollow Lane, Cheddleton
- Friday 20 January - Alton Village Hall, Hurstons Lane, Alton
- Wednesday 25 January - Oakamoor Village Hall, Carr Bank, Oakamoor
- Thursday 2 February - Whiston Village Hall, Whiston Eaves Lane, Whiston
- Thursday 9 February - The Rudyard Lake Activity Centre, Lake Road, Rudyard
All sessions will run 4pm - 8pm.
Sections of the Masterplan of specific interest to waterway enthusiasts relate to the regeneration of the Bolton's site in Froghall; restoration of the Uttoxeter Canal; and the redevelopment of the Cornhill area of Leek.